Monday, August 4, 2008

Attention!

If something says "oven safe" on it, that does not mean you can use it on the stove top.

But you probably already knew that.

12 comments:

Audubon Ron said...

everything I have is oven safe both top and under. Not in the microwave however. My wife calls me Mr. Sparky.

Sweetpea said...

Learned that one the hard way. It was not fun. There is a reason kitchen rhymes with bitchin'.

Life, Love And Lola said...

Oh Shit!

LceeL said...

Duh.

Me said...

I had to learn the hard way that you don't put hot liquids into a shaker to shake them (ie. hot chocolate).

That was in a white kichen.

Joy said...

Oh I can only imagine what must of happened

Dawn@Embracing the Ordinary Life said...

The most important lessons in life we lear the hard way!!

Judy said...

I can relate. I once put a pie plate I had just got onto the back burner to get it out of the way. I turned what I thought was the front burner on for some water to boil and left the room, thank goodness because not too long after my husband and I heard a loud boom and ran into the kitchen to find the pyrex pie plate had exploded and melted our linoleum in places.

Renee said...

I would've done that too, I think. Thank you for this Public Service Announcement. I hope the mess wasn't too bad. :(

-The Renee

Melodie said...

Did you at least get photos?

georgiaonmymind said...

Say what?

Jennifer Beck said...

We need an update on the upcoming hatching of baby chicks. How's it going?