* little kid really likes babies. Really, really, really, really, really likes babies. He likes to pat babies, help feed babies, assist in diaper change duty, and attempt to soothe crying babies with a hug or some back patting.
This particular baby was not so fond of little kid. Apparently at her house, people don't insist on being 2 inches from your face, staring at you with the occasional excited pterodactyl shriek thrown in just for fun.
* little kid's hair really is weird. Once I downloaded these photos, I told Mr. Ashley and Big Kid that I'm cutting it. They both started protesting but I'm not letting him rock the white trash clown mullet any longer. I'm the mom, I did all the work, I make the hair decisions. Period.
And why the hell isn't his hair growing on top?? The kid is almost two and we really only brush his hair to humor him.
* Some babies want me to stand up while I hold them. Period. No sitting down on the job. little kid used to pull that trick.
* Babies are a lot of work. Luckily, babies also really like Mr. Ashley, and he did most of the work. Still, it totally interfered with blogging time. Plus, the chaos level was like +100.
* As I was changing a diaper, Big Kid looked over and said, "DAT is one weird penis." I told him that she was a girl, so she doesn't have a penis. "Oh yeah, I forgot. What is dat dat she has?" Um, it's a vagina. Girls have vaginas. "Hmm, bagina. Dat is a funny word. " Yes, it is. Don't ever say it around anyone, ever. I mean it. That's private talk, for real.
* little kid can quickly analyze a situation and knows when to take advantage. He was strapped into the time out seat THREE times while the baby was here.
* It was kind of mean of me to pretend that the baby was the treat I had promised the boys before I left the house this morning, and to tell Big Kid that I got her for him. The shock and uncertainty on his face wasn't funny. Well, it was funny. But only for a minute.
* Big Kid also likes babies. Not enough to give up the computer or anything, but enough to read her "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" twice and to ask if we had to give her back.
* Babies are really cute, three kids is not.
* These kind of babies will hopefully be cute too, and you can make them live outside and/or give them away for free on Craigslist:
And for those who were wondering, I did not find the baby at Goodwill. Don't even get me started about Goodwill. Mr. Ashley called after my photo shoot to tell me a friend was in the midst of a major family emergency, and I offered to go get the baby while they figured things out.
So it has been a busy day. I'm so tired that you don't even get to hear the Goodwill story or about the photo shoot.