Well, what a fun day!! Probably not for you all since you were yelled at, but it was fun for me! All of these comments and compliments and a nap and a shower with a Wen deep conditioning. I even shaved my legs (it was getting pretty ridiculous, I probably could have french braided them and I don't even know how to french braid)
I want to clear up a few things around here though. Don't worry, I won't yell.
1. The chances of me tracking you down, or even noticing you, are slim to none. Out of the hundreds of thousands of people who have been in the closet...I've tracked down one and it took A LOT before I could even be bothered.
Truth is, Statcounter is a nightmare to read when you have a lot of traffic. It would involve a ton of detective work to figure out who anyone is, what they're doing, how often they're visiting, anything. I check my daily numbers, the first page of "recent came from" and my google keyword analysis, just for kicks. You don't even want to KNOW what kind of weirdos we've been attracting since the Beav post.
2. I am not going to be mean to you unless you are a real a-hole. It takes A LOT. So as long as you don't leave 30 comments telling me I'm a waste of flesh, we're probably fine. You're even entitled to your own opinion (just watch how you state it).
3. The copyright issue...people, some of you are so honest that it hurts me. The copyright post was really directed at one particular person who I was having a specific issue with. Unless you are posting photographs of my children or passing my brilliance off as your own...I'm not going to sue you.
If you are emailing something to a friend, taking a funny graphic for a forum signature, quoting me somewhere...that's fine! More than fine, it is fanfreakintastic.
Once again, the time and effort that comes with tracking you down would not be worth it 98% of the time...that other 2%--watch out!
4. I don't know where the girl in the green dress on the yacht got the dress or the bag. Perhaps Catfish can go on a secret mission for us and try to get some info. We can't just come right and ask because she might not be so thrilled about seeing herself described as silicone/restylane/human hair enhanced. I can promise you that both were hella-expensive.
5. As long as you're commenting (and not trolling), I don't care about your grammar or punctuation or capitalization. If you are a commenter, these small errors become endearing quirks.
6. I SUCK about reading other people's blogs. I was really on a roll but lately I feel scattered and ADD-like and it is just hard to keep track. If you are holding back on commenting until I comment on your blog...it could be a while. LOL.
Let AFRo (By the way, I know if I was a good Blogger I would link people when I mention them, but then I'd be less likely to mention any of you because of the work involved) be an example to you. She showed up here maybe a month ago, started leaving comments, being funny and friendly and sure enough I went over there and not only commented but added her to my blog roll.
So sometimes you have to make the first move in a major way. I know that's annoying, I really do.
7. My dad nicknamed Catfish Catfish when we were little because "she was all mouth". She still is. I almost NEVER hear him use her actual name. We are and will always be Catfish & Rat.
8. My mom does know about the blog now. She was shocked, but in a good way. I will have to share my revelation email with you because it is the weirdest email I've ever written. She really didn't know before (and this is further proof that I'm not tracking anyone down...instead of figuring out myself if she has visited, I waited for a year and just asked her)
9. To whomever was not impressed with my jealousy of Dooce...you might not want to start digging through the archives. There will probably be a lot that won't impress you. ;-)
ACTUALLY, me admitting jealousy of Dooce is a ginormous compliment since my usual modus operandi is to pretend I don't know someone exists and/or insist that they are jealous of me.
I'm human damnit and I want her job, especially if she's barely doing it these days.
Stick around anyway, I promise that you'll either love me or love to hate me and either one is fun.